DATE: 27th June, 2015
It’s finally the end of a long week!! Let us look at some of the good news that calls for a celebration this weekend!!
1. We had our very own Satnam Singh become the first Indian player to be drafted in the NBA.
2. Don’t see a Swachh Bharat around you? Use this app to inform the PM directly!!
3. With the successful commencement of International Day of Yoga on June 21, the world saw a revival of the ancient art of physical and mental well-being.
4. For the first time ever, an Indian team will be flying to London to stake its claim in the Under-23 Ultimate Frisbee World Championships.
5. A ragpicker from Pune spoke at an International Conference in Geneva and inspired everyone.
6. A 16-year old girl went against her entire family and community when they tried to get her married. She knew it was illegal, she knew the law would support her, all because she was educated.
7. It was Arjun Kapoor’s Birthday!! The heartthrob turned 30 this June 26.
8. Asha Bhosle named the greatest playback singer by UK newspaper.
9. Shahrukh Khan completes 23 years in Bollywood on June 25. Having ruled the industry for decades now, Shah Rukh Khan has proved himself time and again in 76 films and genres ranging from romance, action and thrillers, securing a special place in the hearts of his fans.
10. Google finally takes steps to ban revenge porn!! Now you can fill up a form to request for removing particular images that count as non consensual pornography.