The festive season while brings the magical and most enjoyable time for everybody filled with sweets and delights. But what about those sweet people with Diabetes? Definitely not fair to resist sweets when everybody else relishes them and so we have these 5 Diabetic friendly desserts for those with a sweet tooth.
Castor sugar :- 4 Cups
Grated coconut :- 3 cups
Water :- 1 tbsp
Peeled chopped apple :- 2 cups
Lemon juice :- ½ tsp
Oil :- 1 tbsp
Peeled pista :- 2 tbsp
• Add the water, castor sugar and grated coconut to a pan and cook it on a low flame for 5 to 10 minutes, till the sugar dissolves.
• Then, add the chopped apple and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame.
• Grease a tray with oil, and transfer the apple mixture into it with a spoon.
• Press down with the spoon to ensure there are no gaps.
• Sprinkle the pistachios on top.
• Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours so that it sets.
• Cut it into pieces and serve.
(Recipe from FoodFood)
China grass pudding
- China grass/Agar Agar – 5 gm ( I used bakers,half of 10gm packet)
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 – 3/4 cup ( I used 3/4 cup)
- Vanilla essence – few drops ( for white pudding)
- Rose milk essence – few drops ( for pink pudding)
- Boil the milk, add the khoya and sugar and allow it to reduce on a low flame.
- Put the China grass and some water in another bowl and allow it to dissolve completely.
- Then, add the milk mixture to the China grass and stir it properly
- Allow it to set in a dessert dish and garnish it with the nuts.
(Recipe from Chitras FoodBook)
- –NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- –Warm Water
- –Pineapple chopped
- –Lime Juice
- –Fresh Cream
• Boil the milk, then add the sugar and corn flour (mixed in a bowl with a little water till it forms a smooth paste) and stir it properly till there are no lumps.
• Cool it and refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
• Add the pineapple pieces, condensed milk, and fresh cream. Mix well.
• Garnish with almonds.
• 250 g sponge cake, sliced
• 50 ml pineapple juice
• 30 g custard (cooked)
• 100 g pineapple pieces, chopped
• 30 ml fresh cream
• 10 g almonds, sliced
• 10 g walnuts, chopped
• Spread a layer of sponge cake at the bottom of a dessert dish.
• Pour half the pineapple juice over it, to moisten the cake.
• Add a layer of custard, a layer of pineapple pieces and a layer of fresh cream.
• Repeat this sequence again (a layer of sponge cake, pineapple juice, custard, pineapple pieces and fresh cream).
• Garnish it with the almonds and walnuts.
• 500 ml skimmed milk
• 3-4 tsp custard powder
• 60 g walnuts, chopped
• 20 ml fresh cream
• 15 g sugar
• Boil the milk and add the sugar and custard powder (mixed in a bowl with a little water till it forms a smooth paste) and stir it properly till there are no lumps.
• Add the chopped walnuts, refrigerate it and allow it to set in a dessert dish for 3 to 4 hours.
• Once it sets, add a layer of fresh cream and a layer of jelly.