Waking up on mornings are mostly hard but if you’ve had that crazy last night and woke up to a terrible hangover and throbbing headache..oh no! But not anymore! Some foods and drinks are scientifically proven to cure Hangovers..
Firts things first..What are the Typical Hangover symptoms? Nausea, sensitivity to light, headache, achy muscles, diarrhea, and decreased motor skills—are all caused by changes in body chemistry, including hormones, chemical reactions within the body, and the toxic chemicals in alcohol.
However, a single meal or drink cannot alleviate hangover. You need to restock the body with necessary fluids and nutrients like fructose, vitamins, animo acids, and minerals that can help break down toxins or lessen the body’s negative reaction to the chemicals in booze.
Rise And Shine Sleepy Head!- Here’s what you must do!
Drinks that help..
- Water Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it pushes liquids out of the body. When nothing’s left in the tank, the body will draw water from any available source, including the brain—hello, headache. Drinking some H20 before heading to bed can help prevent some painful hangover symptoms, but grabbing the water bottle in the morning doesn’t hurt either.
- Sports drinks and coconut water. Reach for a Gatorade or similar beverage to restore liquids and electrolytes stat. Even better, pop open a juice box of coconut water, which has five of the electrolytes found in human blood, while most sports drinks only have two.
- Ginger or peppermint tea Studies show that ginger tea can reduce nausea and motion sickness . Peppermint tea (a common morning sickness cure for pregnant ladies) can also ease stomach pain and decrease nausea .
- Fruit juice. Pour a glass of apple or cranberry juice to kick start the recovery process. The fructose in sweet fruity drinks gives the body some instant energy, and may even help boost metabolism to get rid of those gnarly alcohol toxins. Juice also contains vitamins and plenty of water to get the body rehydrated.
Foods to gorge on..
- Eggs. Eggs are full of hardworking amino acids like cysteine which breaks down acetaldehyde, the yucky headache-causing chemical that’s left over when the liver breaks down ethanol.
- Oats. A hot bowl of oatmeal has plenty ofessential nutrients like B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Oats can help neutralize acids in the body and raise blood sugar levels, giving you an instant energy boost.
- Tomatoes. Leave the Bloody Mary, take the tomato juice. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation in the body . Tomatoes also contain fructose and vitamin C to give the liver a boost.
Foods and Drinks To AVOID..
- Coffee. Like alcohol, coffee is a diuretic, so that latte will only dehydrate the body even more. Coffee is a vasoconstrictor — a substance that causes blood cells to swell — so a morning espresso will only take a headache to the next level. To feel better, stick to caffeine-free options like herbal tea, juice, or plain old H20.
- Orange juice. A glass of this mellow drink may help you rise and shine during the week, but lay off the OJ after a night on the town. Sour citrus like orange and grapefruit can irritate an already sensitive stomach.
- Greasy food. Contrary to popular knowledge, heading to the local greasy spoon is not a great hangover cure. A large, fatty meal is better at preventing a hangover than curing one.
So now you know all that there is to cure a hangover and even how to prevent one. Remember to try these for that next Crazy Night in town! Until next time..;)