The Biggest and best kept secret of Subhash Chandra Bose unfolds today before India. The mystery of the Freedom fighter’s unsure death in a plane crash and his probable life after survival will come to light.
Authorities in West Bengal will declassify secret files on freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday morning but people will not immediately have direct access to the documents.
Kolkata Police will declassify the files before members of the Bose family and the media and later notify when common people can access the contents.
â€śOnly nine of the 64 files belonged to the state intelligence branch, the rest 55 were of Kolkata Police,â€ť Rajeev Mishra, joint commissioner, headquarters, Kolkata Police, said.
The Files May answerÂ
1. Did Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose die in Taihoku air plane crash at all?
2. If he did not die then where did bose go after his disappearance?
3. Was the centre aware of Netaji’s whereabouts?
4. Did the snooping on Netaji’s family start immediately?
5. Did Former CM of Bengal Bidhan Chandra Roy know the fate of Bose?
The police has decided to make the files accessible to common people at the Kolkata Police Museum however, people who supported the campaign think differently in regards of the venue,Â â€śI am not going to the Kolkata Police museum. Otherwise, it will be construed differently as common people are not being invited,â€ť said Kartik Banerjee, who campaigned for the declassification and is the younger brother of Mamata Banerjee.