If you are a Chandigarh resident then you might have been to the many wonderful places of this beautiful city. One of those wonderful places are the clubs and discos of this city which are famous all over Punjab. To your surprise, recently government decided to ban short skirts in Discos.
This action is taken with an aim to “control places of public amusement“. According to the administration, bureaucrats have found the places like discos and clubs as a place for breeding ‘anti-national’ elements.
Moreover, according to the new policy “scantily dressed women” and “indecency” like wearing short clothes in discos would force the administration to completely shut the discos down.
So if you work at a bar or disco or own one then you should also follow these new rules immediately otherwise your profession will be in great danger. Along with the disco workers, even the residents should also follow these new policies, if not followed, a fine might be levied on them.
This is actually what the new “controlling of Places of Public Amusement, 2016” policy says:
The permission to discos can be revoked if it is considered
- To be indecent or of a scurrilous character
- To be seditious or likely to excite political discontent
- Any exhibition or advertisement of scantily dressed women
- To contain offensive reference to personalities
- To promote hostile feelings between different classes
- To be calculated to cause a breach of peace.