Friends are one of the greatest treasures we have in life. We choose our friends and share ourselves with them in good times, bad times and through every day life. Friends can be people we meet at school, work, neighbors, parents, brothers or sisters, your spouse, even your pet.
For many, making friends isn’t easy, and for all of us, it’s hard work keeping friendships healthy. Friendship Day is an opportunity to remember the important contribution friends make in our lives, and to let your friends know how much you value and appreciate their friendship.
1. I’m glad we share a sense of humor and an understanding that I’m slightly funnier.
2. I promise to do a better job of hiding how much you irritate me.
3. Happy Friendship Day to a best friend who single handedly raises my family’s suspicions about my sexual orientation.
4. Let’s be skipping-the-gym buddies.
5. I’d like to use Friendship Day to reassure you’re not the one member of our group no one likes.
6. I tell you things sober, I don’t even tell other people drunk.
7. You’re the friend I’d feel the worst about killing in a post-apocalyptic death match for food.
8. If you ever disappeared while trekking, I’d remain with the search party until it started raining.
9. I’m always here if you need to talk because it gives me an excuse to steal fries off your plate.
One of the most important things to remember about friendships is that the best ones benefit both friends. Friendship is about sharing – remember to be a good listener, too. In order to have a friend you have to be a friend.
On Friendship Day, do something special with your friend. You might do something fun, or do something together for your community. Doing things to help create a more peaceful, just and sustainable world with friends is doubly rewarding. You’ll be helping to create a better world, and strengthening the bonds of your friendship at the same time.
Contact the author at : [email protected]