One of most common fashion mistake girls make is to wear a dress that doesn’t compliment their body shape. A dress that is perfect for your body shape is crucial if you want to make a style statement. Have a look at different body shapes and the dresses that compliment them.
1. Pear shape: Pear shape body means lower body parts like butt, hips or thighs are more prominent. Pear shaped girls can wear dresses that take the focus of onlooker away from your thighs and hips. Match dark coloured pants/skirts with light colour tops. You can rock Anarkali suits so well. Celebrities like Ileana D’Cruz, Rihanna are pear shaped.
2. Hourglass shape: Hourglass is perfect body shape with the small waist and equal upper and lower body curves. All women that have hourglass body-type should wear fitted dresses. Deeper necklines and skinny jeans look great. Lehanga suits them perfectly. Priyanka Chopra, Shilpa Shetty are some examples of hourglass body type.
3. Apple shape: In this body type the centre of the body is stomach where excess weight accumulates. You can wear long skirts and tops with scoop necklines. Sarees look good too but avoid cotton saris. Always wear a good bra as your breasts are on the heavier side. Vidya Balan, Sonakshi Sinha have apple shaped bodies.
4. Rectangle shape: A-line and flip skirts and straight fit trousers look wonderful on this body shape. Draped dresses like sari look fabulous on Rectangle shape. Kurti is another good dress for this type. Anushka Sharma and Bipasha Basu are the Bollywood beauties with rectangle body types.
5. Inverted triangle: broad upper body and narrow lower body is a feature of inverted triangle body type. Narrow v neck, wrap style tops and dark coloured tops will look best on you.
Whatever body type you have, choose colour and dress types which give you look of hourglass body types. It means smaller waist and balanced upper and lower curves. Play with colour and different type of dresses to get the desired look. Keep experimenting!