Dengue Fever is on the rise in various parts of the country. Dengue also known as the Breakbone Fever is a very serious viral disease transmitted by the bite of Aedes albopictus mosquito. Where several lives have been claimed by this serious disease it is absolutely essential to keep Dengue at bay with these necessary precautions.
Before stepping onto the precautions required to be taken for keeping away dengue fever one must be aquainted with the basic symptoms of this disease.
Symptoms Of Dengue Fever
Symptoms of dengue fever may vary with age of the patient. Infants and a young children get a measles-like rash with high fever whereas older children and adults can get mild illness with severe headache, sore eye, body-ache, vomiting and nausea leading to loss of appetite along fever. In DHF bleeding and shocks may also occur.
If you or anybody in your family is facing such symptoms then they must be subjected to immediate treatment. Meanwhile, These precautions are essential:
Dengue Fever Precautions
Avoiding mosquitoe bites is the major precaution against dengue fever. Use mosquitoe repellants in the house as well vehicles. People should take following necessary precautions to combat dengue fever before it gets in body:
- Keep home, environment and surroundings clean
- Don’t let water accumulate anywhere, stagnant water can be the breeding home for mosquitoes
- Keep all drains maintained and repaired from chokes
- Avoid accumulation of ground water as well
- Fill up all cavities in the ground
- Cover all containers properly
- Change flower vase water once a week to prevent dengue mosquito breeding there
- Wrap all unused plastic tyres
- Regularly change water in animal drinking containers
- Use mosquito repellents to avoid mosquito bite
- Use mosquito screen to prevent mosquito attack
- Use aerosols and mosquito coils to kill mosquitoes
- Wear long sleeve and fully covered clothes
- Use mosquitoes net around bed while sleeping
All such basic and simple precautions can go a long way in keeping you and your family safe from becoming the victims to this disease.