Yes! Facebook has done it again, This time, they have come up with an extraordinary idea of letting its users post a looping video of up to 7 seconds instead of stationary profile picture. This can be traced back to New feature of Iphone 6S where they have introduced a feature of taking Live Photos and Facebook has gone a step ahead in that direction and allowing you to post that too.
This new and amazing video profile picture feature is available on Android and IOS Facebook mobile apps too. You can either create a new profile video, upload an old video or choose a previously uploaded profile video from the Facebook video album gallery itself.
- Go to your profile and tap your profile picture or video.
- Tap Take a New Profile Video to take a new video or tap Upload Video or Photo to choose a video from your phone.
- Tap Next, then tap the bar at the bottom of the screen to choose a thumbnail for your video.
- Tap Save.
Facebook is keeping its decade-old network lively and relevant by introducing 5 following changes to the user profiles:-
- Temporary profile pics
- The option to pin Featured Photos to the top of the profile
- Easier visibility controls for About info, including a new 100 character Bio-field
- A mobile-centric design with centered profile photos plus big sections for photos and friends
- The ability to use a 7-second looping video as your profile pic.
All these above changes will make Facebook more stimulating and addictive visually. Other social networking sites like Twitter and Snapchat have also introduced auto-play video and animated selfie lenses respectively, in competition. But Facebook is again a step ahead in the graphic arms race and once you have added your profile video, any user will be able to view it.
So guys get ready to upload some crazy stuff and get the heads rolling.