Dimples are the beauty signs of many people including some Bollywood Stars like Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt and Preeti Zinta, whose dimples are as popular as these actresses themselves but even after recognizing the beauty of these dimples so many people still don’t know why they occur, therefore, here are the real reasons why some people have dimples one their face:
1. Dimples are caused due to a genetic defect. The lack of facial muscles on cheeks leads to the occurrence of dimples.
2. They are formed in the initial stages of development in a child when the subcutaneous connective tissue is not formed properly.
3. When a person with dimples smiles, his muscles pulls the skin along with them and make the formation of a dimple.
4. They do not occur due to malfunctioning of genes but due to impairment of a single gene.
5. Dimples are passed down to a child either from his mother or father, therefore, a person can’t have dimples until either one of his parents had them.