Sensuality has always been a tough topic in India but does anyone knows about the sensuality levels in Bollywood movies all over the history? Sensuality has always remained in Bollywood from a long period of time secretly but here’s a list of all those tough topics.
1. In 1920 and 1930’s, a kissing scene was accepted warmly and openly without a censor ban and we still care about the “Sanskari Bond’ in 2016.
2. Seeta Devi was the actress ever to lock lips on a TV screen in 1929.
3. In 1933, even Devika Rani also did a 4 minute kissing scene in the movie ‘Karma’.
4. But this was less eye-catching than Zubeida’s extreme attires and kissing scenes in the movie ‘Zarina’ in 1932.
5. In 1950’s, a new definition came for the word ‘Sensuality’ but just with an elegant touch and sensuality still continued in Bollywood but with a teased form.
6. Actress Madhubala did naughty flouncing of skirts in 1958 and the first time a Bollywood actress wore a bathing suit in 1951.
7. In 1960’s and 1970’s emerged sex sirens like Zeenat Aman, Dimple Kapadia, Parveen Babi and Sharmila Tagore and Bollywood saw a trend of western attires and tight sarees for the first time.
8. In 1967, Tagore wore a bikini in her movie “An evening in Paris’ which was the first time to see a Bollywood Actress in Bikini.
9. The era of 1980’s continued followed the sensuality of 1960’s and 1970’s but was dominated by the actresses like Helen, Rekha, Sri Devi, Mandakini and Meenakshi Sheshadri.
10. In 1990’s Madhuri Dixit won the hearts of many Indians along with Urmila Matondkar and Karisma Kapoor
11. Welcome the 2000’s in which some negativity came against the levels of sensuality and movies like Aitraaz and jism were highly disliked.
12. However, movies like The Dirty Picture, Dedh Ishqiya, Cheeni Kum and Guru were still liked by the Indian society along with their sensuality levels.
13 Current era followed a greater role of erotic songs like baby doll, Beedi Jalayle and jalebi Bai, Fevicol se.
14. Movies like Rangrasiya and the Jism series followed some new and bold types of experiment.
15. In 00’s along with female sensuality also entered male sensuality and Bollywood also accepted male actors in swim shorts.
16. The 10’s just gave a new shape to the levels of sensuality with the release of movies like ‘Kya Kool Hai Hum 3’ and ‘Mastizaade’