Get Young And Glowing Skin With 10 Effective Home Remedies
We live in a real world, we can’t faceless as that of Game of Thrones’ Arya Stark. Our face is our recognition and all we want to hear is – she is beautiful! What makes you beautiful? Yes, of course, the confidence as well as the skin of your face. It only looks good when it shines. Get glowy skin just like that! And for it you need not to spend a thousand bucks. Read out some effective home remedies to get a glowing skin to shine like a star!
It has vast applications in Ayurveda.
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons gram flour (also called chickpea flour)
- Milk or water
Make a thick paste of these ingredients and apply it on face and neck.3. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with plain water.
2) Coconut Oil
It provides moisture to the skin with essential fatty acids. Its phenolic compounds contribute to its antioxidant activity and make the skin radiant.
- Lightly warm up the oil and apply on the face and neck.
- Massage for a few minutes in gentle circular motions.
- Leave the oil on overnight.
Tip: You can add some sugar to the oil and use it as a scrub to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week.
You can use it every night before going to sleep.
3) Aloe Vera
Its nourishing and healing properties rejuvenate the skin.
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon milk
Mix all of them and apply the paste on neck and face and leave it for 20 minutes. wash it off with lukewarm water.
4) Baking Soda
It neutralizes the skin’s pH and removes dead skin cells.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
Make a paste of all the ingredients and apply the paste on neck and face in a circular motion. Leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse with normal water.
Lemon cleanses, bleaches, and also removes tan. It is one of nature’s best skin brightening agents.
- Mix the ingredients and apply the mixture to your face.
- Scrub in a circular motion and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
It contains papain, it is an enzyme that acts as a mild exfoliator. This gently removes the top layer of dead cells and makes the skin shine.
- A few pieces of ripe papaya
- 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder or Fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Make a paste of all the ingredients and apply the paste on neck and face. Leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse normal water.
It rejuvenates dull skin with its antioxidants.
- 1 small cucumber
- 2-3 tablespoons yogurt
- Grate the cucumber and add the yogurt to it.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for five minutes until it dries and rinse with cold water.
It is rich in anti-oxidants and has antimicrobial and hygroscopic properties that clean and make your skin soft.
- Apply honey on the skin.
- Massage it for a few minutes and leave it on for another five minutes.
- Wash the honey off with lukewarm water.
9) Rose Water
Rose water is a commonly used skin toner. It cleanses and refreshes the skin.
- Keep the rose water in the fridge for half an hour.
- Dip the cotton ball in the rose water and apply it all over the face and neck.
10) Carrot Juice
Carrots have beta-carotene and vitamin A, which improve the skin’s texture, health and eye-sight.
- 4-6 carrots
- A small piece of peeled ginger
Drink this juice every alternate day.