The report released by the Central Statistics Office on August 31 shows that India’s GDP has fallen sharply. The economist of India is very worried about this, and it is being debated openly. However, economists are of the view that 7 positive changes have come in the economy, which is expected to grow in the next quarter from the GDP. India is the third largest country in the world in terms of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) with a value of $9.49 trillion. By the way, let us tell you that every city in India has different GDP. If one city is rich then the other is counted in the category of poor. In such case, we are today going to tell you about the 10 richest cities of India. The list is in increasing order, means the pattern will go from lowest to highest according to their GDPs (Gross Domestic Product).
Check out the list below:
1) Visakhapatnam, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, is famous for its beautiful beaches. Due to its steel plant, this city is also called as Vizag. GDP of Visakhapatnam is 1.6 lakh crores.
2) Surat is a hub of textile mills. Earlier the name of the city was Suryapur. It is the third most clean and the fourth fastest growing city in the country. Surat’s GDP is 2.5 lakh crores.
3) Pune is a hilly area whose height is 1,840 ft above sea level. The GDP here is 3 lakh crores.
4) Ahmedabad is the sixth largest city in India. It is situated on the banks of river Sabarmati. The GDP here is 4.1 lakh crores.
5) Chennai is the most preferred tourist spot of the people. National Geographic declared Chennai the second best city. The GDP of this city is 4.2 lakh crores.
6) In ancient times Hyderabad was the hub for pearls and diamonds. Still, some old markets here are considered for this. Hyderabad’s GDP is 4. 7 lakh crores.
7) Bangalore is known as India’s Silicon Valley. Many giant IT companies have their headquarters there. It is also called as “City of Gardens”. The GDP here is 5.3 million crores.
8) Earlier one of the biggest 4 cities in India, Kolkata, called as Calcutta. It is also known as the “City of Joy”. This is India’s third most populous city. The GDP here is 9.6 lakh crore.
9) Delhi, the capital city of India. Do you know that? It is the third most populous city in the world. It is popularly known as “Dilwalon ki Dilli”. The GDP here is 20 lakh crores.
10) Mumbai, the city of dreams. It is the country’s financial, entertainment and commercial capital. The GDP of Mumbai is 21 lakh crores.