Nana Patekar, is known for many things like his temperamental moods and his blunt nature. But, Nana has proved once again than he is definitely more than just that.
Nana Patekar donated Rs.15,000 each to the families of poor Indian farmers who committed suicide due to debt and monetary issues. Well, Mr. Patekar we truly admire your generous and giving personality however, blunt you maybe otherwise.
Here are 10 things that you probably didn’t know about this actor:
1. Nana loves to cook for himself and for all his friends. He not only creates compelling cuisine ,he also insists on feeding everyone personally sometimes with his own hands.
2. Nana has had a fall-out with many of the actors and filmmakers he has worked with. He sulked with the Big B during Mehul Kumar’s Kohraam because he felt the Bachchan had better lines. He had a massive fall-out with his best friend Prakash Jha over the length of his role in Raajneeti. Though he made peace with the Big B Nana still doesn’t speak to Jha.
3. Nana started his career with a bit role in Muzaffar Ali’s Gaman.Fame came in N Chandra’s Ankush and Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s Parinda after which there was no looking back.
4. Krantiveer in 1991 made Nana a superstar.Between 1991 and 1998 he played the lead in several films. His interference and insistence on hogging footage led to disastrous boxoffice for Yeshwant, Wajood, Yugpurush and Ghulam-e-Mustafa.It signaled the end of Nana’s career as a leading man.
5. Nana had a torrid relationship with Manisha Koirala during the shooting of Agnee Sakshi and Khamoshi: The Musical. Interestingly they played father and daughter in the latter.In the former he played a brutal husband. Onlookers say Nana’s behavior with Manisha off camera was no different.
6. Nana has directed only one film Prahaar in his entire career. He speaks of directing another film. But never gets down to it.
7. Fearless as an actor and even more fearless as an individual Nana spoke up openly against Sanjay Dutt after Dutt was granted repeated furlough from his jail term.
8. Nana has a son Malhar who is an actor. Nana refuses to help Malhar in establishing foothold in the film industry. He says the “boy”(who is now in his 30s) must find his own level.
9. Nana has never worked with the big players of Bollywood like Yash Chopra or Subhash Ghai. Known to be blunt and pushy, Nana even had an altercation with the mild-mannered Akshay Kumar during No Entry.
10. Nana will now be seen again in welcome back.