A 17 year old Karnataka boy woke up on the way to his funeral surprising his relatives and villagers when he was presumed to be dead. He was rushed to the hospital where his condition is critical.
Kumar Marewad, 17 who was bitten by a dog a month ago had a high fever last week following which he was admitted to Dharwad hospital. He was put on a ventilator after his condition was worsen.
Also read: Shocking – Life after Death do exist
The doctors told his relatives that he would not be able to survive if the life support is removed. Informing them that the infection has spread in his whole body, doctors left on them to decide whether they want to continue the treatment or not. Later, the family decided to take him to home.
“We had decided to take Kumar home after doctors told us his chances of survival were bleak once taken off the ventilator,” Kumar’s brother-in-law Sharanappa Naikar said.
Noticing no movement of the body and no breathing family members presumed him dead. They then asked the villagers to make arrangements for his cremation. Around two kilometers from the village where cremation was to take place, Kumar opened his eyes, moving his hands and legs and breathing fast. Soon he was rushed to nearby hospital.
Dr Mahesh Neelakhantannavar said: “Kumar is on the ventilator. We suspect he suffers from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to a dog bite.”