It is sad and heart rendering to hear that a lot of negligence still prevails at Indian hospitals. A three year old girl lost her life after taking a root canal treatment from a dentist in Pune on June 29. The police have finally booked the dentist under various acts of the law and he will be suffering strict charges for medical negligence. The girl’s father Niranjan Revatkar finally lodged a complaint on Wednesday and eventually the action was taken.
The little girl apparently died of an overdose of anaesthesia. While the root canal treatment was going on Sanavi, the lil girl fell asleep. Her father held her in his arms after the treatment but to his utter surprise she was unconscious. He tried to alert the doctor about her situation but no action was taken. Later when the condition worsened Sanavi was taken to the hospital nearby but the doctor could not feel her pulse. And finally she was declared dead.
Looks like medical negligence and carefree attitude of the doctors have been claiming too many lives lately. My heart reaches out to the family of the young girl. God Bless her soul!!