Sania Mirza is one such a strong ladies who defied the odds, first by becoming a tennis star being a Muslim, who wore shorts and mini skirts on the field. Secondly, by marrying a Pakistani. Obviously, she got trolled and criticized for her decisions but she rose above harder and stronger. Here are 6 times when she gave a befitting reply to her haters.
1) On celebrating Independece Day
2) When she got trolled for raising her voice against brutal 8 years old Asifa’s rape and murder in Kathua.
3) When the film Raazi was released.
4) In 2016, when India was playing against Pakistan in a cricket match, Sania Mirza started trending on Twitter. It’s not hard to guess what Tweeple were talking about.
5) Criticism for wearing short skirts and revealing tops on the international tennis circuit. Orthodox Muslim clergy went on to hit her with a fatwa in 2005.