Discoloration between the thighs and pubic area is a cosmetic issue that causes embarrassment but fortunately, it is not a medical issue.
So here are top 5 ways you can easily lighten the dark skin along your bikini line.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe is a popular skin lightener. When used on a regular basis, it can help skin become lighter and fade different skin spots. It even helps repair skin cells and promotes natural regeneration.
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply it directly on the dark pubic area.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Use this natural treatment once daily for quick results.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice works as a great skin lightening remedy due to its acidic property. The Vitamin C in it helps get rid of dead cells and improve overall skin tone.
You can either of these remedies daily until you are satisfied with the results.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub the inner part along your bikini line for a couple of minutes. Allow the juice to remain on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Mix the juice from ½ of a lemon with 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and ½ teaspoon of honey. Apply it to the delicate area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse the area with water.
As lemon juice can dry out your skin, apply a moisturiser or just coconut oil after using these remedies.
3. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice has skin lightening properties. The vitamin A in cucumbers helps reduce skin darkness by controlling your skin’s production of melanin.
- Extract the juice from ½ of a cucumber and apply it all over your bikini area. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Repeat twice daily for quick results.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice with ½ tablespoon each of lemon juice and turmeric powder. Apply it to your dark pubic area. Keep it on the skin for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Repeat once daily.
4. Orange Peel
Instead of throwing off the peels after eating the orange you can use them for skin lightening properties. The peels work as a natural bleach and can help lighten dark blotches and remove them over time. They can even help lighten a suntan.
- Put peels from a couple of oranges in the sun to dry.
- Once dry, grind the peels into a fine paste.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder and 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt. You can also add a little honey to the mixture.
- Apply it over your bikini line where you have dark skin.
- Allow it to dry, then scrub off the paste with wet hands.
- Finally, rinse the area with cool water.
- Repeat two times a week
Tomatoes have a bleaching effect and hence act as a skin-lightening agent. The lycopene, an antioxidant in tomatoes, helps protect skin against sun damage. It makes skin less sensitive to UV damage, one of the main causes of a dark bikini line.
- Rub a piece of tomato in circular motions on the dark skin for a couple of minutes.
- Allow the juice to remain on the skin for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat once daily.