Unmarried couples have got many rights, but only a few people know about these rights. Do you know that, unmarried couples can stay in the same hotel room and it is not a crime? But you should be above 18 years of age. In such a situation, if the police question you, then you don’t have to fear. You can talk to the police under the rights you get from the government of India.
Along with that here are 6 legal rights that every unmarried couple should know:
1) According to Hotel Association of India, an unmarried woman can stay with an unmarried man in the same hotel room. There is no such law in the Indian constitution that resists them to book a room together.
2) People who are 18 years of age or above can make sexual relations.
3) Police can’t arrest you just on the basis that you are unmarried and staying in the same room of a hotel.
4) According to a Supreme Court order, if an unmarried couple staying in a live-in relationship they will be considered married legally.
5) During this period, if a male partner dies, then the female partner will inherit his property.
6) Couples who are constantly engaged in a sexual relationship will be considered married.