When your hair looks the best, then so do you. That’s probably why you want to learn the best practices of styling your hair. It can be tricky, even though it seems basic. When it comes to hair goals, straight smooth, frizz-free hair that’s tops our list.
We must confess though—every time we tried it out; the results were rather unappealing. Straightening right takes a bit of practice and care. Which can be perfected. If you’re in the same boat as us, let’s get this out of the way and for all. We’ll tell you all about how to use a hair straightener like a pro.
The first step is to research for the best hair straightener online and purchase the most suitable one.After which, you can follow the tips given below to master the art of using a hair straightener:
- Clean and Blow Dry Your Hair
Washing hair will help you get rid of any dirt hidden in your hair and allows it to become smooth and soft before you begin styling. To ensure that your hair remains straight after wash, use a shampoo followed by a conditioner that suits your hair.
Choose a good quality hair dryer to dry your hair thoroughly. Ensure that your hair is not damp. Blow drying your hair will help reduce damage when you use the flat iron next.
- Protect Your Hair
Different hair types require different heat temperatures. So, you must choose a hair straightener online with adjustable temperature controls that willprevent hairdamage.You can find variouskinds of hair straighteners online from premium brands like Vega that offer adjustable temperature settings up to 230⁰C.
Other than that, make sure to use a hair protectant before you start straightening your hair.
- Use a Hair Comb
While you straighten your hair, it will be beneficial to use a hair comb.If you have hair that is hard to get straight, then using a hair comb will ensure extra smoothness. Make sure to use a fine-toothcomb.
- Avoid Straightening in Clumps
Ironing hair in sections will ensure that each hair strand is straightened flat down. Follow the below mentionedsteps to get poker straight hair after you divide and clip it in 3 layers:
- Top layer: the hair on the crown
- Middle layer: hair sitting above your ears
- Bottom layer: hair on the back of your head till the nape of your neck
To avoid kinks in your hair, do not tie the layers with a hairband.Instead, twist them back up and use hair clips to hold each section up.
- Using Hair Straightener the Right Way
When you begin the hair straightening process, start with the bottom layer but in small sections. Grabbing a large chunk will prevent the heat from penetrating through each strand.
After this step, you are ready to straighten:
- Take a section of the hair and place it between the heated plates of the flat iron.
- Clamp your straightener down near to the root of your sectioned hair with a gentle but firm grip. Then, pull the iron downwards with a smooth motion to prevent pulling on your hair.
- Repeat the process. When you proceed on to the middle layer, take small sections at a time.
- Using Hair Straightener for Creating Curls
The best part of having a hair styling tool like a hair straightener is that you can use to create luscious curls as well. Some believe that it is easier to create curls with a flat iron than a curler.
Follow these simple steps to curl using a hair straightener:
- Divide your hair into sections and clip up.
- Begin with the bottom sections and take a section and clamp the iron around your hair.
- Twist the straightener in towards your head until the section of hair is completely wrapped around it. Slowly, let go by pulling the flat iron vertically downwards,so your hair unwraps around it.
Choose the right hair straightener online so that you can straighten or curl your hair at home easily and look your best at all times. If you are unsure of opting for an online hair straightener, do not be. Instead, choose a premium quality flat iron from luxury brands like Vega. They provide multiple choices to suit individual needs.
Why wait? Explore their online website and get yours today!