Ajay Devgn is the tall, dusky and handsome actor of Bollywood. Whether its about action or comedy, romance or thriller, Ajay played his roles with an ace of superstar. But there are some unknown facts about this 48 years old star that you probably didn’t know. Today we are going to reveal those unknown facts about his life that are interesting to know. Here we go:
1) Back in 90s, when he debuted to Bollywood, there was a rumour that he was in a relationship with Raveena Tandon but he dumped her after falling in love with Karisma Kapoor. Raveena and Ajay were involved in an ugly spat which became public, the actor even said she needs a psychiatrist. Ajay Devgn’s actual words are:
“Letters? Ha! What letters? Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! …She is just trying to get publicity by linking her name with mine. Her so-called suicide attempt was also a publicity gimmick.”
2) Ajay was offered the iconic role of Bajirao in Bajirao Mastani by Sanjay Leela Bhansali but he denied to do it and it went to Ranveer Singh, rest is the history!
3) Ajay Devgn really hated his now-wife Kajol when he first met her. He said in an interview that,
“I had met Kajol once before we started shooting for Hulchul. Honestly, I wasn’t very keen to meet her after that. When you meet her for the first time, she comes across as a loud, arrogant and a very talkative person. Moreover, we were very different from each other in terms of personality. But, I guess what is meant to happen, happens.”
4) The superhit film Phool Aur Kaante, released in the year 1991 was not his debut film. He debuted to Bollywood with film Pyaari Behna in 1985. He played the role of teenage version of Mithun Chakraborty’s character, Kalicharan.
5) Ajay Devgn was signed first for the role of Karan Singh, which was played by Salman Khan later. Not only this, he was also offered the role of Shahrukh Khan in film Darr after Aamir Khan refused the film.
6) Ajay Devgn won his first National Award for Zakhm.
7) Ajay Devgn is an excellent cook and has mastered Mughlai, Chinese, Continental and Mexican cuisine.
8) He was once booked for smoking on a train with Salman Khan. In an interview he revealed that they had reserved the entire compartment and didn’t think that anyone would catch them.
Now You Can Get the Latest Buzz On Your Phone! Download the PagalParrot Mobile App For Android