Eminem has attained a position of eminence in the American cultural scene. He has broken the preconceived notions and tread new grounds. Love him or hate him, facts about Eminem says a lot about the person committed to accomplishing his dream, defying odds in the process. The American rapper and songwriter is known as the King of Hip-Hop, he has several achievements to his credit. These can be obtained by browsing the net but here we offer you interesting insights about the man who has become an icon.
1. Eminem was so severely bullied in public school that his mother sued the local school board for “failing to sufficiently protect her child”
9-year-old Marshall Mathers aka Eminem did not have a smooth time during his elementary schooling (He studied at Dort Elementary School), he was constantly plagued by bullies who split his lips and knocked the wind out of him. On a snowy day in 1982, one of the bullies, DeAngelo Bailey hit him in the face with a snowball laden with a heavy object while playing “King of the Hill.” The bully followed it with a sound beating resulting in temporary loss of vision and concussion. Enraged mother of Marshall Mathers sued the Detroit school board for not sufficiently protecting her child.
2. Before he became a rapper, Eminem’s true dream was to become a comic book artist.
Rapping was not on the horizon for the young boy growing up in Detroit, deeply interested in story-telling, Eminem intended to have a career as a comic book artist. Lingering influence of “comic artist”can be seen in various animated threads throughout his career, including his Slim Shady Show series and the “Mosh”video.
3. When Eminem was 20, he was arrested for a drive-by shooting with a paintball gun. The case was dropped when the victim did not show up in court.
Eminem did not always keep a good company and had numerous close brushes with the law. He was apprehended by the police when he and his friends shot at a police car with their paintball gun. But the rapper was not the one who shot at the car, his friend did. The case was dismissed when the alleged victim did not show up for the hearing.
4. Became a father for the 1st time at age 23
He became a father for the first time at age 23 when his girlfriend [now ex-wife] Kimberly Scott gave birth to their daughter Hailie Jade Mathers on December 25, 1995.
5. Eminem was offered the lead role in the 2013 sci-fi movie, Elysium.
He was interested but he turned it down due to one major condition not being met: Elysium would have to be shot in his hometown, Detroit.
Matt Damon was not the first choice for Elysium, Neill Blomkamp, the director of the movie approached Eminem for the role of Max Da Costa. Eminem was interested, but he wanted the movie to be shot in his hometown, the two studios (Media Rights Capital & Tristar Pictures) refused and the role went to Matt.
6. In the early days of iTunes, Universal Music Group used to deduct artists’ iTunes royalties, claiming costs for “packaging” and “breakage” on digital downloads, until Eminem sued them.
Numerous singers who had not foreseen the boom in digital music sales were cheated of their digital royalties by music companies until Eminem through FBT Productions sued the music giant Universal music for the unpaid digital royalties. The lawsuit happened when FBT Production realized that Universal Music was claiming digital downloads as the “distribution arrangement”, which have lower royalty rates, whereas digital downloads should rightfully come under the “license” arrangement as the music company was not doing any packaging that would cause breakage in the downloads.
7. Eminem’s song ‘Rap God’ is in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most words in a song (1,560 words in 6:04 minutes at an average of 4.28 words per second).
Rap God released in October 2013 holds the record for having most words in a song. A particular verse of the song was sung in supersonic speed featuring a whopping 97 words in 15 seconds- an average of 6.5 words per second!
8. Eminem was once near the Top 30 in the highest scoring Donkey Kong games in the world.
No one knew Eminem was an ardent video game fiend. On December 3rd, 2009, Eminem surprised the gamer community when he proudly tweeted his highest Donkey Kong (a Nintendo game) score. The scores were that of an above average player. Four months later on March 30th, 2010, he shocked everyone with a new score of 465,800 – close to the top 30 on twin galaxies Leaderboard.
9. The band D12 planned to find the 12 best rappers of Detroit but found only 6, so they created alter-egos in order to have 12. That’s when Eminem came up with Slim Shady.
D12 is a hip-hop group formed by Eminem and his friends in the late 90s.’ They wanted to be named as “Dirty Dozen” but as the name was already taken by a Jazz group, they settled for D12. D12 was initially supposed to be a band of 12 rappers, but they could only find six rapper’s, so they decided to split their personalities and create six alter ego’s taking the full contingent to 12. Slim Shady was one of the characters created as a alter ego to Eminem.
10. The hip-hop mastermind, Eminem, is three people in one; Slim Shady, Eminem, and Marshall Mathers are three different persona’s reflecting various facets of the same individual.
The hip-hop king is three people in one. There is Eminem, a best-selling artist of the last decade and a cultural icon who has 9 number one albums. Marshall Mathers, a shy, introverted individual hidden inside Eminem. He makes an occasional foray to spill out some emotional demons. And then there is Slim Shady the guy with an attitude, outrageous, and always on the offensive spouting the harsh truths or controversial opinion’s and putting people’s backs up.
11. Eminem made an unsigned album before “The Slim Shady LP”, titled “Infinite”. It only sold about 1,000 copies.
In 1996, Eminem released his first studio album, Infinite. The album sold only about 1000 copies and in no way created a flutter for Eminem. Later in 1999, Eminem came up with his commercial debut, Slim Shady LP that reached number two spot on the Billboard 200. The album went on to get four platinum certificate in the USA from the RIAA. This was the album that catapulted Eminem from a non-entity to a celebrated rapper.
12. When “Lose Yourself” won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, not only was Eminem not there to accept the award, he was asleep during the ceremony because he believed he would not win.
Eminem won the academy award for the Best Original Song for “Lose Yourself”. He was the first rapper to win an Oscar for a rap song. However, Eminem was convinced that he would not be winning the coveted statue and did not attend the event. He was dozing at his home in Oakland Township, Michigan with the TV tuned to cartoons for his daughter, Hailie.
13. Eminem refused to sing at the Oscars since they wanted him to sing the clean version of the chartbuster, “Lose Yourself.”
Eminem refused to sing at the Oscars as the head honchos wanted him to sing the radio friendly version of the hit number. But Eminem wanted to sing the song as it is and allow the editor to edit the language. Lose Yourself was the first winning song not performed on the Oscars stage since the advent of televised coverage.
14. Eminem once took so much Methadone, doctors informed him that he had taken the equivalent of four bags of heroin, and was “about two hours from dying.”
The mental and emotional stress can wreck havoc on a person’s psyche and Eminem was no exception, he became addicted to prescription drugs sometimes consuming Valium, Vicodin, and Xanax. The increased consumption of the prescription drugs led to stomach aches and he began to compensate for the pain by eating. In 2007, he collapsed from an overdose of methadone. He was rushed to the hospital where the doctors told him that his organs were beginning to shut down due to methadone. The doctors did not expect him to survive but Eminem somehow managed to beat the odds. After a brief relapse, Eminem has managed to get clean on 2008 and has remained clean ever since.
15. Eminem was sued by his own mother for $10 million because he made offensive remarks about her in his songs, but she was only awarded $1,600.
In 1991, an irate Debbie, mother of Eminem sued him for about 10 million USD for defaming her on the Slim Shady LP (he rapped that his mother smoked more dope than him). She received a paltry 1,600 USD from the lawsuit.
Buzz On PagalParrot
MP Sunny Deol appeal People To Stay At Home: Also Gave 50 lakh To His Parliamentary Constituency In Punjab
Efforts are being made throughout the country to control the spread of Coronavirus (Covid 19). PM Narendra Modi on Tuesday...
Urvashi Rautela Enjoying The Sea In Quarantine Watch Video
Amid fears of Coronavirus, all Bollywood celebs are locked at home and passing their time in different ways. Meanwhile, a...
PornHub Premium Service Free Worldwide For People In Isolation
More than 18 thousand people have died due to coronavirus worldwide till now. While more than four lakh people are...
Amitabh Bachchan Pleads The People To Cooperate With Nation-Wide 21 Days Lockdown
On Tuesday evening, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a complete lockdown for 21 days to prevent further spreading of the...
Amid fears of Coronavirus, This video of 3 Idiots movie went viral
A round of jokes, memes, funny videos, edited videos are coming on social media regarding the coronavirus. Every photo and...
Trending This Week
- High Life2 days ago
The Body Part You Wash First Reveals A Lot About Your Personality
- Celebrity Gossips6 days ago
Jasleen Matharu’s Family Receiving Death Threats, Lodged Complaint With Police
- News1 day ago
Hantavirus: Outbreak of another virus, After COVID-19 Netizens Scared
- News5 days ago
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli Posted A Video Giving Message About Coronavirus