The popular reality show worldwide America’s Got Talent that comes on channel NBC is fake! Yes, you read it right! The show claims it’s trying to find the best talent in the country, but is the show as real as it claims to be? Some facts and figures about the show prove that the show is fake. The reality show has faced many allegations and accusations and it seems it’s not nearly as genuine as it comes across on the small screen.
Here are some points that prove it is fake:
1) The show never verifies the backstories of the contestants. For example, in the 7th season of the show contestant, Timothy Poe narrated a story during his audition telling he is a war veteran and how he was hit by a grenade in Afghanistan. Surprisingly, it was a fake story and the photo shown in his video was a photo of another soldier.
2) The show allegedly reserves the right to exaggerate life stories of the contestants to make it connect emotionally with the audience.
3) In order to gain more popularity, the show manipulates contestants against each other. The season 2 runner-up Cas Haley revealed that during the auditions, he and others in his green room were manipulated by producers into getting a young female contestant to cry on camera.
4) Jokes are allegedly pre-screened,
“Several comedic acts told the book that they were required to submit their jokes to the producers in advance to make sure they cleared network standards and didn’t clash with the show’s family friendly values.”
5) Many of the contestants on AGT are recruited. The recruitment sources could be YouTube, comedy clubs and performance venues.
6) As per some reports, producers have a heavy hand in determining what contestants do on stage. The contestants of the show allegedly don’t have the final say on what they perform.