Apple has announced features of the upcoming iOS 9.3 update, including ‘Night Shift’ mode and the ability to password protect Notes. Plus, we discuss the killer features in iOS 9, from multitasking and public-transport directions in Maps to a Proactive personal assistant and a new app called News.
This latest iOS release adds numerous innovations to the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. There are improvements to a wide range of apps, along with great new additions to CarPlay. iOS 9.3 may even help you get a good night’s sleep. And you’ll find a preview of new features that will make using iPad in schools easier and better for students and admins.
Alongside this, iOS 9.3 includes a number of smaller improvements to the iOS experience, including the following:
- The ability to switch to corresponding apps via the Wallet app
- Landscape support for more iPhones
- Siri support for new languages, including Hebrew, Finish and Malay
- The ability to duplicate a Live Photo as a standard photo when exporting images from the Photos app
- ‘Duplicate’ option in Photos app
- Taptic feedback when accessing the multi-tasking menu via 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- Option to display Activity app data in the Health app
- New Workout data section in the Activity app
- iOS Education upgrades
- Enhanced Apple Music support in CarPlay
- iCloud for iBooks will sync PDFs and more
No word on the release date of this update just yet, but make sure you keep checking back as we’ll update this with more information as soon as we recieve it.