Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan said goodbye to this world at Kokila Ben hospital on Wednesday due to a colon infection. In 2018, he was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor and was undergoing treatment in London.
What is colon infection its symptoms and treatment?
The colon, also known as the rectum, is a part of the digestive system in our body. When we eat food, our body digests the liquid and hard materials separately. After this the waste material gathers in the colon and comes out as feces.
Symptoms of colon infection
- A patient suffering from colon infection complains of pain with abdominal cramps.
- In addition, fever or diarrhea are also common symptoms. In this disease, blood comes along with diarrhea.
- Also, the weight of the patient also starts falling rapidly. In fact, the cells present on the surface of the large intestine are dead, which causes ulcers.
Reason of colon infection
Colon infection is caused by eating such food, which our digestive system has to work very hard to digest. Or food that is not properly digested in our body. This type of waste food starts to gather in our colon, as well as the chemical elements that were made in our digestive system during the process of digestion. They also get deposited in a different form in the colon and damage it. When the condition becomes more severe, mucus or phlegm gathers in the colon. This cause problem in feces to get out of our body.
Types of colon infection
- Ischemic colitis: When blood is not properly transmitted in the colon, it can cause ischemic colitis.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic colitis is a disease in children compared to adults. The disease affects about two-three percent of infants.
- Microscopic colitis: This is caused by increased lymphocyte volume in the body. This can only be seen through a microscope.
- Drug colitis: In some people, this happens due to inflammation-reducing drugs or medicians. People who have used NSAID drugs for a long time are at risk of this colitis.
How to keep the colon clean and healthy?
- Drink enough water and juices: To keep the colon clean, it is important to first drink enough water. Drink more than beverages and natural juices. This helps to cleanse the colon and maintain your digestion properly.
- Eat Fiber-rich food: it is important that you include fiber-rich food like beans, pulses, and fruits in your diet. This helps in removing the waste from your body in the form of feces. This results in regular cleaning of the colon.