On Saturday, the national capital’s air quality was still classified as “very poor.” At 4 pm, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) reported that the average air quality index (AQI) was 304.
The AQI was 201 in Pusa and 316 in the Delhi University region, respectively, placing them in the bad category. The AQI was 276 in the vicinity of IIT Delhi. Similarly, on Saturday, Delhi’s Mathura Road had an AQI of 165, placing it in the moderate category, while Airport (T3) was in the ‘bad’ category with an AQI of 293.
The most recent information about pollution in the nation’s capital is provided here.
1. New Delhi Municipal Council’s Vice Chairperson Satish Upadhyay said in conversation with, “We recognise the urgent need to prioritize environmental well-being as air pollution, a significant contributor to respiratory diseases, heart conditions, and cancer, demands our collective attention”.
2. According to Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai, there have been less stubble burning occurrences in neighbouring states this year than there were last, and there is hope that agricultural fires would contribute less to the city’s total air pollution generally. He did, however, issue a warning that unfavourable weather patterns might lead to an increase in air pollution in the upcoming days.
3. No updates have been supplied by the Ministry of Earth Sciences’ System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research, and related officials are not aware of the cause. This system gave data about the amount of smoke from agricultural fires that contributes to Delhi’s air pollution. “We are not aware of why updates on the SAFAR portal have stopped,” as quoted by PTI.
4. A nine-day “Yamuna Yatra” foot march was initiated by a number of the city’s groups on Saturday in an effort to raise public and official awareness of the pollution of the Yamuna river.
5. Slow nighttime wind speeds and a drop in temperature caused Delhi’s air quality to worsen to the’very bad’ level, according to the Center’s Air Quality Early Warning System. It stated that until the end of the month, the air quality is anticipated to stay extremely low.