Desi Girls know how to make it to the top in the budget! From using clothing irons as hair straighteners to making curls with hot knitting needles Desi Girls have a solution for almost everything. Being Indians, the “hack life” comes naturally to us. That we can wear our bralettes as blouses is something to be enormously proud of and of course, your Jugaad game must be on fire.
Here are some Desi Hacks or Fashion Jugaad used by almost every Indian girl to look fashionable.
1) Using bralettes as sexy sari blouses. Not only bralettes but anything from crop tops to bandeau tops to even, off-the-shoulder separates work as sexy sari blouses for us.
2) We can make an off-shoulder top easily at home from a shirt. Just pull the collar down and voila, your own homemade off-shoulder top is ready!
3) Getting curly hair is our left-hand job and all thanks to our schools which strictly asked us to make two Chotis as per the part of school uniform. Make the desi braids and get party-ready curls.
4) When it comes to hairspray, Desi girls don’t care. A toothbrush dipped in your boyfriend’s hair gel will tame those flyaways.
5) We don’t rush to malls to get an oversized shirt while having dads’/brothers’/boyfriends’ wardrobes. Take off an old shirt from the wardrobe and flaunt the way you wanted to!
6) Turning a flouncy dress into a skirt.
7) Now here comes the actual Jugaads – swimsuits as party tops, leggings as petticoats, bodycon skirts as bandeaus, dupattas as sarongs, earrings as maantikaas, anklets as chokers, kurtas as dresses…just learn from us!