Listening loud music or making overuse of earphones at present is a trend in fashion and rise. Moreover equalizer gives certain options drawing out certain noise pattern oppressing noise which actually worsens the condition.
It becomes harmful when one is unable to hear any other sound expect the music blaring in the ears. Whenever the volume is 60% maximum limit the situation actually worsens.
THE EFFECTS OF LOUD MUSIC
- POSSIBLE HEARING LOSS: Listening to loud music through the headset over a long period that is over 60% causes permanent damage to the inner parts of the ears.
- DISRUPTED NERVE SIGNALS: Loud music tends to affect our whole neurological system resulting in lifetime chronic diseases. Noise levels above 110 decibels strip insulation from nerve fibers that carry signals from ear to brain.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT: Generally, content individuals and happy people prefer soft and peaceful music over loud one. If not taken care of person can go into chronic depression by too much repression.
- TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR EARS: here are a points you should jot down to save those precious ears
a)Take regular breaks from your headphones to give your ears a rest, do not set volume above 60%
b) Invest for noise cancelling earphones as they help to decrease the temptation of increasing the volume.
c) Use musician’s earplugs or earmuffs varying in degrees of annotation
5. POINT TO REMEMBER: if people around you shout means your music is too loud and you need to low it down.