Domino’s Pizza which is India’s largest pizza chain amongst its contemporaries made a startling revelation. The pizza outlet announced that it is launching a scheme which reads that pizza will now be delivered within 20 minute post the order is being is placed, which is applied over 20 zones precisely 14 cities in India.
How will this scheme benefit the outlet?
Image Source: The Economic Times
• The company aims to offer a competitive edge over the online delivery of food by food aggregators who usually takes double the time to deliver food to the doorstep.
• Warm, crisp and freshly baked pizza will certainly prove to be an added advantage against the QSR chains.
• Faster delivery will ramp up the market stance and customers will be in a pursuit to order the food more often in expectation of faster and timely delivery.
How will Domino’s excel this strategy?
- Managers have suggested that the company have advanced technologically, unlike before now it can bake pizzas in higher temperatures without leaving any signs of burns. This saves up to 4-5 minutes.
- GPS will be installed on the bikes of every delivery person so that it would quickly lead the personnel to the destined spot with no ambiguity or late deliveries.
- The company has just kicked off a program called Buddy Referral Program. It asks the riders to recommend another rider and if the latter manages to stick with the company for around 45 days, the former rider gets Rs 2,000.