Ajit Doval, one such name which gives Pakistanis, goosebumps! Remember the most talked surgical strike that India did after it lost 18 Army Jawans in Uri Attack? And behind such a daring and a dangerous attack was Ajit Doval, India’s National Security Adviser. He is a former IB member. Even at the age of 70, he is known to send shivers down the spines of India’s enemies.
Read about some interesting facts about him:
- Spymaster Ajit Doval is the 5th National Security Adviser. He is currently serving for the same post. He works closely alongside the PMO, Narendra Modi.
- Doval is famous to have infiltrated the underground Mizo National Front and broke its back in the 1980s.
- Ajit Doval as a secret operative spent 7 years in Lahore, Pakistan.
- In the year 1984 when Indian Army’s Operation Blue Star was launched in Golden Temple Punjab, he was there in the Temple. He posed as a Pakistani spy and gave many valuable pieces of information like – militant plans, their intel and reinforcements available to them.
- Remember the year 1999 hijack of Indian Airlines flight IC-814 that was taken to Kandahar? He was the main negotiator with the hijackers from Indian panel.
- Recently, Doval was responsible for getting back 45 nurses from Iraq when the nation was under fire from ISIS.