1. Eiffel Tower – the most recognizable architectural landmark of Paris, is visited by numerous people. From all over the world they come to see this amazing structure which is a symbol of France and had its opening in Paris on March 31, 1889, 133 years ago. Although the beautiful structure is visited by many. But not everyone knows the fact behind it. So here are ten facts about the Eiffel Tower that we have shared with you.
2. When the huge tower was inaugurated in 1889, it was the tallest building on the planet. Already in 1930, the Chrysler skyscraper intercepted this title, overtaking the tower by 18 meters. However, if you add the length of its 24-meter antenna to the height of the Eiffel Tower, then the Chrysler will be left behind. Eiffel Tower occupies only the fifth place among the high-rise buildings in France
Renowned chef Alain Ducasse runs a gourmet restaurant on the second floor of the tower.
3. The designer of the parachute coat in1912 decided to test his invention on the Eiffel Tower. The man jumped off the third platform of the structure and died.
4. Gustave Eiffel engraved on the tower the names of 72 outstanding French engineers, scientists, and mathematicians of that time.
5. Between 1925 and 1934, the Citroën automobile company used the four sides of the tower as a billboard. It was the biggest advertisement of those times
6. Before surrendering Paris to the Germans during World War II, the French sabotaged the Eiffel Tower. They disabled the elevator so that the enemies could not take a view of the city. But Hitler was not too lazy to climb the tower on foot. The elevators were repaired in 1944 and all Allied soldiers were allowed free admission to the top.
7. The Eiffel Tower appears to be monochromatic, but this is an illusion. In fact, the building is painted in three different shades. The darkest tone is used at the base of the building, and the lightest tone is used at the top. The tower is covered with 60 tons of paint every seven years to protect it from corrosion.
8. Between 1925 and 1934, the Citroën automobile company used the four sides of the tower as a billboard. It was the biggest advertisement of those times.
9. There are small copies of the Eiffel Tower in different parts of the world which are in American Las Vegas, Chinese Guangzhou and Shenzhen, Romanian Slobozia, Copenhagen (Denmark), Varna (Bulgaria), Aktau (Kazakhstan), and other cities.