Union home minister Rajnath Singh has asked the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and National Investigation Agency (NIA) to examine if Islamic preacher Zakir Naik’s speeches, books and videos have incited or radicalised Muslim youth towards religious fundamentalism.
The Mumbai-based 50-year-old televangelist, currently touring Qatar after spending time in Saudi Arabia, has been under the lens over allegations that his sermons influenced some of the terrorists killed in the July 1 Dhaka siege. Bangladesh has banned his Peace TV, saying it incited the attack on a Dhaka café in which 22 people were gunned down.
See in this video how he moulds religion with suicide bombings and kinda brainwash his followers. This will really shock you :
The video features a Muslim man asking Zakir Naik, “Is suicide under any circumstances justified in Islam?”
Officials of anti-terrorism agency, NIA, and the IB have started sifting through Naik’s speeches and videos, examining his sermons and literature in the light of Supreme Court judgments on freedom of speech.
Law-enforcement agencies are looking if he had overstepped his right to speak without restraint and incited people, which will allow them to build a watertight case against him. “Any further action on Naik will depend on whether there is a case made out against him and will it stand judicial scrutiny,” a senior official said.
Arrested Indian Mujahideen operative Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu, the son of a chemist in Bihar’s Samastipur, had allegedly told interrogators that he used to visit a library in Darbhanga to read Naik’s books.
A top bomb-maker, Akhtar targeted the October 27, 2013, election rally of Narendra Modi in the run-up to next year’s Lok Sabha elections. He is an accused in a string of bombings — 2010 in Varanasi, 2011 in Mumbai, 2012 in Pune and 2013 in Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad.
This man should not have any right to open his filthy mouth and should be banned from all social media platforms. Here are some of the WTF statements that Zakir Naik has previously made and the fact that this man is still free makes me agitated.
- ‘Allah will never forgive Muslim girls who marry Hindu boys.’ Radically, he even goes on to say that “Allah will never forgive her” and that she must issue an ultimatum to her husband to accept Islam.
- ‘LGBT people are sinners’ – “They (LGBT) are sinful patients suffering from a mental problem”. What’s worse is him openly calling for the death penalty for anyone engaging in homosexual acts.
- ‘You can have sex with your wife and whatever your right hand possesses’ Naik also suggests that girls shouldn’t be sent to schools because they may lose their virginity by the time they graduate. He even slammed Sania Mirza for her tennis attire and said she should cover up as prescribed by Islam.
- Naik says the use of condom during sex is akin to killing a human being.
- Wife-beating in the Muslim world is not necessarily a bad thing & Death by stoning or lapidation for having sex outside marriage is acceptable according to Sharia law.
- ‘Other religions and their gods are wrong’. Naik says Islam is superior to all other faiths. Non-Muslims should not be allowed to have places of religious worship in an Islamic country.