Diana Spencer, the Princess of Wales was born on July 1, 1961, and died in a fatal accident on August 31, 1997. What it would be like if she was alive today and celebrated her 56th birthday with us if she hadn’t passed away in 1997. Diana Spencer who became Diana Windsor after her marriage to Prince Charles was known as down-to-earth Princess who brought a fresh air to the castle and to people’s hearts. Here are some unknown facts about the iconic woman and what we think she’d be up to today if she was alive today.
1) Diana met Prince Charles when her elder sister Sarah was dating him. But it was just a fling from Sarah’s side.
2) On the other hand, Diana seemed to really like Prince Charles that she even had a picture of him above her bed in the room of her boarding school.
3) She was 16 years old when she first met Charles who was 28 that time. Prince Charles was 12 years elder than her.
4) Both of them started dating each other after 2 years of their first meet when Diana was 18 and Charles was 30.
5) They got engaged on February 6th, 1981 but their engagement was kept secret for the next few weeks. When their engagement ceremony was revealed in public, she picked an engagement ring consisting of 14 solitaire diamonds, surrounded by 12-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire set in 18-carat white gold. So royal!
6) She was donned in a wedding dress with over 10,000 tiny mother of pearl sequins and pearls and included a 25-foot-long-train – the longest in royal history as per the reports.
7) This is what she would’ve looked like now if she was alive. (Though we’re not sure where this picture came from, we think it’s as accurate as it gets.)