Both jealousy and insecurity do two things in a relationship- Pose threats or spice the things up. Most insecurity comes from inside ourselves. The majority of relationship insecurity is based on irrational thoughts and fears.
Dr Leahy, who is expert in this field is quoted by The Independent,
“Jealousy is always about three people. Sometimes jealousy can be a consequence of high self-esteem that makes another person’s behavioural flaws more apparent in comparison to their own e.g. someone saying ‘you can’t treat me that way.”
The important thing here is that the third party could be someone that your partner is interested in or someone that is interested in your partner and you will definitely feel threatened.
Types Of Jealousy
- Sexual jealousy
- Jealousy related to emotional closeness.
According to the studies, men are more affected by the sexual jealousy while women are more affected by the second one.
How To Overcome Insecurity And Jealousy In A Relationship?
- Build trust between yourself and your partner.
- Spare yourself some time and pen it down.
- Take stock of your value.
- Keep your independence.
- Give up the interrogation, the controlling, checking their social media and phones.