Because there is a strong demand for players and a limited supply, particularly for talented Indian players, the IPL mini auctions have always been fascinating. Players who might have otherwise found it difficult to draw attention in the mega auction may be able to take advantage of some incredible deals. Here is an example of a potential team auction strategy:
1) Chennai Super Kings– Remaining Purse: Rs 31.4 crore Manish Pandey, Josh Hazlewood, and Shardul Thakur are possible candidates for interest. Experienced Indian player Shardul Thakur, who was formerly with the CSK, can bowl at death and risk his arms when he bats eighth. For Shardul, CSK may spend up to Rs 10 crore. Since there aren’t many seasoned Indians on the auction roster, they might also seek at an Indian hitter to take Ambati Rayudu’s spot. One veteran they might consider is Manish Pandey, who could be a good deal. Josh Hazlewood is a possibility if they wish to strengthen the pace department.
2) Delhi Capitals– Remaining Purse: Rs. 28,95 crore Priyansh Arya, Harshal Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jos Inglis, and Wanindu Hasaranga are possible candidates for interest. To say that the Delhi Capitals’ Indian batting lineup is lacking is an understatement given the caliber of players they currently have. One may watch closely for the opener for the Delhi state squad, Priyansh Arya, who produced some lightning-fast knocks during the SMAT T20, as well as two young UP players who are much spoken about but are unknown: Sameer Rizvi and Swastik Chikkara. In the UPCA T20 league, the pair excelled.
3) Gujarat Titans– Remaining Purse: Rs 38.15 crore Shardul Thakur, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, and Azmatullah Omarzai are possible candidates for interest. Even supporters of the Gujarat Titans would concur that Hardik Pandya as a whole cannot be replaced, no matter what they do. At best, Shardul Thakur could be considered a 50–60% replacement. Rachin Ravindra may be a possibility, but the top three batting positions will go to Wriddhiman Saha, Shubman Gill, and B Sai Sudharsan.
4) Kolkata Knight Riders– Remaining Purse: Rs 38.15 crore Shardul Thakur, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, and Azmatullah Omarzai are possible candidates for interest. Even supporters of the Gujarat Titans would concur that Hardik Pandya as a whole cannot be replaced, no matter what they do. At best, Shardul Thakur could be considered a 50–60% replacement. Rachin Ravindra may be a possibility, but the top three batting positions will go to Wriddhiman Saha, Shubman Gill, and B Sai Sudharsan.
5) Lucknow Super Giants– Remaining Purse: Rs 13.15 crore Ashutosh Sharma, Dilshan Madushanka, and Gerald Coetzee are possible candidates for interest. Aside from Mark Wood, LSG would consider another excellent fast bowling option. Three easily accessible possibilities are Gerald Coetzee from South Africa, Starc, and Hazlewood. There are two left-arm pacers: Dilshan Madushanka and Nandre Burger. Ashutosh Sharma, a Railwayman, is one of the uncapped Indian batsmen who struck 12-ball-50 in SMAT.
6) Mumbai Indians– Remaining Purse: Rs 17.75 crore Ashutosh Sharma, Darshan Misal, Manav Suthar, and Hasaranga are possible players of interest. MI doesn’t have a lot of money, but its scout will find uncapped Indian talents at a great price. Manav Suthar, a left-arm spinner who was a member of MI’s talent development team, has left a lasting impression. One foreign spinner that comes to mind is Wanindu Hasaranga.
7) Sunrisers Hyderabad– Remaining Purse: Rs 34 crore Potential Participants: Everyone and everybody Given the dearth of Indian players on the team, Shardul and Harshal may also be their first picks, and they have the ability to make a large bid. However, they would require another top-order batsman, and at least one decent foreign bowler.
8) Royal Challengers Bengaluru– Remaining Purse: Rs 23.25 crore Possible Players to Watch: Manav Suthar, Cummins, and Starc In order to bid for an overseas pacer, RCB released the Rs 10.75 crore that Harshal Patel had been paid, and the three Australian pacers will be in high demand. It will be fascinating to see if Englishmen Gus Atkinson or Reece Topley receive good bids now that Mo Bobat has joined the RCB ranks.
9) Punjab Kings – Remaining Purse: Rs. 29,10 Crore Potentially Interesting Parties: Rachin Ravindra, Shardul, and Harshal Punjab Kings still have two spots available for overseas play, and if they stick to their previous practice of selecting players based on current trends, they have the financial means to support the New Zealander Rachin Ravindra. But they really need one of the three Indian pacers—Harshal, Shardul, or Umesh Yadav—to be a top player.
10) Rajasthan Royals– Remaining Purse: Rs 14.50 crore Potential Players of Interest: The Royals have always had a strong group of young players chosen from domestic competitions and demanding trials. These players are primarily domestic Indian batters like Sameer Rizvi, Swastik Chikkara, Ashutosh Sharma, Abhimanyu Singh, and Saurabh Chauhan.