Finance minister Arun Jaitley presented the Narendra Modi government’s last full budget before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Here are some important points which Mr Jaitley mentioned in the budget:
- Jaitley raised the health and education cess, levied on all taxable income, to 4% from current 3%, and introduced a social welfare surcharge of 10% to fund social welfare schemes.
- Jaitley introduced a Rs 40,000 Standard Deduction for salaried employees and pensioners.
- Jaitley announced a ‘National Health Protection scheme’ to provide health cover of upto Rs 5 lakh to each of the 10 crore poor family per year.
- Jaitley announced allocation of Rs 600 crore towards nutritional support of tuberculosis patients.
- Jaitley announced 100% tax deduction for farm producer firms with Rs 100 crore turnover.
But the problem is that many people doesn’t understand a lot of terms said by Mr Jaitley.
So, our favourite Twitter takes the charge and explained a lot of things about Union Budget by memes.
— kalyani priyadarshan fc (@PriyafcFc) February 1, 2018
Total Federal Budget of Pakistan in 2017-18 – Rs 475000 crores
Jitna Pakistan ka Union Budget hai Utna to hum Scam me baant lete hain : UPA Politicians
— Rishi Bagree ?? (@rishibagree) February 1, 2018
Noted economist expressed displeasure over budget because they know Ghanta of finance and economy. pic.twitter.com/luJpYer4Pj
— Cool & Funny (@CoolFunnyTweet) February 1, 2018
Expecting a great pro-women budget from this….diverse and representative budget team. pic.twitter.com/3XVAdAHN5G
— Rituparna Chatterjee (@MasalaBai) February 1, 2018
Budget – The day all Indian dads are under pressure to look intelligent
— Amit Tandon (@amitandon) February 1, 2018
— Hastamithun (@tuhin_tB) February 1, 2018
— wali ? (@iamWali10) February 1, 2018
— Adarsh Hegde (@adarshdgp) February 1, 2018
Since birth I have seen two types of budget!!
1. Bad Budget and nothing for middle class!
2. Good Budget but nothing for middle class!#Budget2018
— Shash (@pokershash) February 1, 2018
*Taxes on plastic reduced*
News channels: Taimur's toys set to get cheaper #Budget2018
— Corporate Dalit (@CorporateDalit) February 1, 2018
PM Modi to Speaker:- Bol woh(Jaitley) rahe hai par Shabdh hamare hai ??? pic.twitter.com/25IDtafmNs
— Dhaval Patel (@dhaval241086) February 1, 2018