MTV India is back with the 16th season of Roadies, which is called Roadies Xtreme. The audition of the reality show kick started on December 7 at Pune.
Since its inception, Roadies’ format has a gone through a lot of changes, be it introduction of gang leadera or the change of mode of transport (earlier they travelled on bikes but now they have replaced it with cars)
This year, gang leader Neha Dhupia’s team member Shweta Mehta defeated Prince Narula’s gang member Baseer Ali to emerge as the winner of the Roadies Rising.
One of the most popular shows of Indian TV is back but with few changes. Here’s what you can expect in the Roadies Xtreme.
- Rannvijay Singha will no longer be a gang leader on the show. He will be seen in a totally different but important role. He will have special powers, which can change the course of the game.
2. Neha Dhupia, Prince Narula and Nikhil Chinapa will reprise their roles as gang leaders.
3. Rapper Raftaar will replace Rannvijay as the gang leader. “I have been watching Roadies for years now and when I was approached by MTV to be a gang leader on the show, I could not resist but say yes.” said the rapper.
4. Roadies Xtreme will travel around the northeast region of India. The auditions have started and their journey will commence by the end of this month.
5. This time Gang leader will also have to perform the tasks. Going by its name, the competition in Roadies Xtreme will get more intense, as gang leaders along with the contestants will have to perform the tasks. They will be have to abandon their luxury and stay in tents with the other Roadies and be a part of their hardships. “I have heard that this time around there is a major change in the format of the show where gang leaders will get a taste of what it feels to be a contestant on the show. I am more excited about that. I have always been a huge adrenaline junkie and I cannot wait to kick-start this journey,” said Raftaar.