When we come home after the long boring routine of our work, it’s not only our body which gets tired but it is our eyes which are strained most. The harmful UV rays from the sun and daily gadgets are enough to damage our eyes to the level where they can’t be cured. So before that day comes, one should start taking proper care of his eyes as no matter how good you think you can see, no one’s eyesight is perfect. Here are some easy natural ways to improve eyesight which every person should try:
1. Right Food For The Right Eyesight
As the world started consuming unhealthy fast food, it also started losing the healthy nutrients of a good diet. Our eyesight needs the right nutrients to stay well and improve, some of those nutrients being:
- Anti-Oxidants like beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein. These extracts can be found in green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrots. Sweet potatoes are also a very good source of them and even the egg yolks too.
- Vitamin A, C, E rich foods like lemon, oranges, grapes, carrots etc.
- Food rich in minerals like copper and zinc as they both are also very essential for a good eyesight.
- DHA is a very important nutrient which maintains the structure support of the cell membranes which supports our eyes. This nutrient can be easily found in fishes like salmon, mackerel and vegetarian foods like Chia seeds, Flax seeds, and beans.
Not only exercise helps to build your muscles and body but is also very beneficial for your eyes too. There are several different exercises which build the supporting muscles of eyes and helps in improving the eyesight. These exercises should be done regularly in the morning and evening to get better results and are mentioned-below:
- Rub your arms together to make them warm and then place them against your eyes for a few seconds and repeat the process five to six times. This process will warm your eyes and give them a refreshing feel
- Roll your eyes slowly in a circle 10 times clockwise and 10 times anti-clockwise.
- Try focusing on objects like a burning candle from a specific distance to improve your eyesight.
- Massage temples slowly with thumbs in circles. Repeat the process above the mid-point of your eyes and the below the eyes one the both sides.
- Try taking mini naps of around 3-5 minutes to relax your eyes.
3. Rest Your Eyes
- Whether your body needs it or not but sleep is a necessity for maintaining a good vision. Always sleep properly so that your eyes can fully repair and recover from the daily exhaustion.
- Give your eyes a break after each and every hour to reduce their strain.
- Like each and every separate part of your body, your eyes also need proper protection. The main enemy of your eyes is the harmful sunlight, therefore, one should always wear proper sunglasses when the sun is shining bright.
- Whenever any chemical goes into your eyes like, soap, shampoo or any drink, just don’t close them to bear the pain. Try to wash them immediately if possible for the better care of your eyes.