Many of the people waits eagerly for the Summer to arrive just because of the Mangoes. Mango is the favorite fruit of the most of the Indians and History of Mangoes in India is also pretty old for about 4000 years old. There are almost 1000 different varieties of Mangoes found in India. Majorly the Mango Season stays in between May and august.
And we are gonna tell you about thew 8 most loved varieties of Mangoes Found in India. :
1. Alphonso: Alphonso is known for it richness, flavor and Sweetness. It is majorly Found in Konkan and Ratnagiri in Maharshtra.
2. Chaunsa: It is majorly found in Himachal pradesh and known for its Sweetness.
3. Dasheri: Dasheri Mangoes are famous for its strong and sweet aroma and majorly found in Uttar Pradesh.
4. Langra: Another Variety of Mangoes found in Banaras region of Uttar Pradesh and known for its different flavor and aroma.
5. Kesar: This variety of Mangoes can only be found in Gujarat and it is known for “Aamras”.
6. Himsagar: This is a fibreless sweet variety of mangoes generally found in West Bengal and its creamy flesh makes it great for dessert dishes and juice.
7. Banganpalli: This Variety of Mangoes is found in Andhra pradesh and famous for its its thin skin which is also eatable and used in to making preservatives.
8. Totapuri: It is largely found in karnataka and it is not so sweet in taste. And that’s why it can be used for pickles and salad.
So All the people if you are also a great Mango lover, this season try all these varieties of Mango. Have a Sweet Summers This season with these Mangoes.