As the Indian cricket team is currently playing in the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 to defend the title, we got something deeper inside the remuneration of the Indian cricketers paid by the Board of Control of Cricket in India(BCCI). According to the Rajinikanth Vs CID Jokes, all the payment has been made by BCCI in May and they even have uploaded a complete list regarding detail of payments that it made to cricketers, commentators, state cricket associations and others.
Detail of Payments which BCCI made to Virat Kohli in May 2017:
Interestingly, Virat Kohli has received money for playing tests and ODIs and in addition also got a part of the gross revenue to international tournaments (taxfree). He has also received cash rewards from BCCI and prize money from ICC, along with retainer ship fees.
Source: News 18
- Cash reward by BCCI (taxfree): Rs 6,882,353 – May 12
- ICC Test Ranking Prize money (taxfree): Rs 2,811,178 – May 12
- Retainership Fees (from October and ending to December 2016) (90% part of taxfree): Rs 4,050,000 – May 15
- Retainership Fees (from January to March 2017) (90% part of taxfree): Rs 4,050,000 – May 15
- Match fees for India-New Zealand series 2016: Rs 6,750,000 – May 15
- Match fees for India-England series 2016: Rs 6,750,000 – May 15
- Part of Gross Revenue to International Tournaments for the FY 2015-2016: Rs 8,307,385 – May 16
- Match fees for India-Australian series 2017: Rs 4,725,000 – May 15
The grand total of payments received by Virat Kohli is Rs 44,325,916 i.e. 4 crores.
The Remuneration of other Players of Team India:
So, looking at the remuneration Kohli received from BCCI, it is pretty much clear why is in the Forbes list of the richest athletes in the world.