Actor Salman Khan has been found guilty in the two-decade-old blackbuck poaching case. The 52-year-old actor was found guilty of hunting blackbuck while working on the film “Hum Saath Saath Hain” in 1998. He was present in the Jodhpur court today along with his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam. His co-actors from the movie – Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam – have been acquitted in the case.
- Preparations for sending Salman to the Jodhpur Central jail are in place, Mahipal Bishnoi, the prosecution counsel, told reporters.
- The judgment is 196-page long.
- Salman Khan will serve a simple prison sentence.
- His lawyers have moved for his bail application
- His bail plea needs to be accepted by 5 pm, else the actor will spend the night in jail.
The blackbuck is an endangered species and is protected under the Indian Wildlife Act. The poaching had taken place near a village of Bishnois, a community that revers blackbuck and is passionate about protecting these animals.