Cricket is the game of India and every Indian just can’t resist to love it. Remember when we used to cheer ‘Sachin! Sachin!‘ and appreciate him on his every six? or when Dhoni used to deliver a helicopter shot? Well, those moments are really unforgettable and are always pinning some fans to share them again and again. If you are also one of those crazy fans who love cricket even more than their lives then we are sure that you will definitely love this list of some lesser known facts about Indian Cricket:
1. Guess who is the reason for all the three highest scores scored by a batsman against India in 21st century? None other than Ishant Sharma. Those highest scores against India are
Edgbaston 2011, Alastair Cook – scores 294
Sydney 2012, Michael Clarke – scores 329*
Wellington 2014, Brendon McCullum – scores 302
2. Bapu Nadkarni is an Indian cricketer best known for his record of delivering 21 consecutive maiden overs against England in Chennai.
3. In the World Cup of 1975, in the match between India and England, Englands gave India the target of 335 runs in 60 overs for which Sunil Gavaskar batted and scored only 36 runs in 174 balls.
4. B.S Chandrasekhar have taken more test wickets than the runs they scored altogether in test matches.
5. Saurav Ganguly is the only Indian cricketer who was able to score a century in the knock out stages of a World Cup.
6. Believe it as a miracle or not but after Virat Kohli’s debut, India was able to chase down impossible 300+ targets five times.
7. Saurav Ganguly in the only cricketer in whole cricket history to secure four consecutive Man of the Matches in ODIs.
8. India’s captain MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina have never scored an ODI ton outside of Asia.
9. Sachin Tendulkar has gotten out at a duck only once in his glorifying Ranji career and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar was the one who got him.
10. Virender Sehwag’s highest scores in T20, ODI and Tests ends at number 19 which are 119,219 and 319 respectively. WOW! What a coincidence!!