Award-winning physicist Stephen Hawking died early Wednesday morning, he was 76. He was diagnosed with motor neuron disease in 1962. The family members didn’t disclose the cause of his death but said he “died peacefully” at his home in Cambridge, England.
In a statement, the family said,
“We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today. He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years. His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humor inspired people across the world. He once said, ‘It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t home to the people you love.’ We will miss him forever.”
The mega-genius physicist Stephen Hawking has many things to unravel about his life. He was a mysterious man. With a sharp mind, He has done a billion different super-smart things. You can’t win over him in the game of mind. Here are some facts about the super genius and a mysterious person that you knew before.
1) He was 21 years old when he was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and doctors told he only had three years to live. Hawking, upon hearing the news, promptly took one look at Death and said, “Nah, I’m good,” and proceeded to live until the ripe old age of he’s still alive. He is now 75 years old.
2) He married twice and has three children.
3) He often went to meet disabled children whenever possible.
4) He left his wife Jane for a nurse Elaine Mason and later married her.
5) His favorite superhero was Superman.
6) Surprisingly, he wanted to a villain in James Bond films.
7) He used to communicate with people by using his cheek muscles. As per the reports, there was a laser on his glasses that scanned an alphabet of letters. When it got to the one he wanted, he twitched his cheek muscle and it recognized that letter, then began again.
8) He believed in life beyond planets and according to him, Aliens will kill us all.
May his soul Rest in Peace!