Anton Yelchin, chiefly famous for his role as Pavel Chekov in Star Trek reboot series, succumbed to his injuries in less than 1 minute after the fatal accident where he was pinned between his SUV and a security fence.
Yelchin, an award winning, flamboyant actor, who had just starred in A24’s Green Room was found dead at his home in Studio City on Sunday. The sudden death of this young and charismatic actor has lead to the surge of a shockwave in Hollywood and the entire world.
- Acted in an independent film, A Man Is Mostly Water, at an age as young as 9.
- Jackson in A Time For Dancing
- Milo in Delivering Milo
- Tommy Warshaw in The House Of D
- Jacob Clarke in the miniseries Taken
- Guest appearance as Stewart in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Played a role in an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent
- Bobby Garfield in Hearts in Atlantis and won Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor at the 2002 Young Artists Awards.
- appeared as Nathan Harris in an episode of Criminal Minds, namely, ‘Sex, Birth and Death’
- starred in Alpha Dog
- title role in Charlie Bartlet
- was seen in the film, You and I
- co-starred with Susan Sarandon and Justin Chatwin in Middle Of Nowhere
- Significantly famous as Pavel Chekov in Star Trek and Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation
- played Charley Brewster in the remake of Fright Night
- starred in the romantic drama Like Crazy
- voiced Clumsy Smurf in the film adaptation of The Smurfs and Its sequels
- provided the voice for the Albino Pirate character in the animated film The Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists and Shun in From Up On Poppy Hills
- Reprised the role of Chekov in Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond.
- Lead in the thriller Odd Thomas
The whole Hollywood got together to share their condolences with the grieving family.
A handwritten memorial by his Startrek director, J.J Abrams, was posted online. “Anton – you were brilliant,you were kind. You were funny as hell, and supremely talented. And you weren’t here nearly long enough. Missing you…”
According to the police and investigations, Yelchin was killed in his own driveway after he was pinned between SUV and against a brick mailbox pillar and a fence. His friendsgot worried about him and decided to check upon him, after he had missed hid rehearsal for the day. They found him dead around 1 A.M. in the morning, where his car engine was on and car was in the neutral mode.
Autopsy conducted by the doctors, ruled out ant foul play and revealed that Yelchin died of blunt force asphyxia.
The actor is believed to have had no history of drugs. No sort of alcohol or prescriptions were found from his car.
A gifted performer as he was, the whole world mourns the death of this 27- years young rising star.