We think not, just like this fact there is also a heart saddening fact that 3000 children die every day in India due to malnutrition but who cares? We can proudly share and wish ‘Happy World Food Day’ on Facebook and Twitter but cannot help these little lives. Here are some shocking hunger facts about India which may open our eyes and provide these children a helping hand:
1. It only costs 16 rupees per day to keep a child fit and healthy with all the vitamins and nutrients but still the death toll due to hunger is constantly increasing.
2. According to the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), in near future, 24 million children will be pushed into more hunger due to the devastating climate changes.
3. There is enough food in the world to feed everyone. In fact, the world produces 10% more than the average food required to keep a person full but around 30% to 50% of total food is wasted every day, the most shocking of the hunger facts about India.
When A Mother Says Her Child Is Hungry, Who Is At Fault?
4. To prevent malnutrition, a child only needs to be fed well for the first 1000 days of his life. According to the World Food Programme, a good nutritional diet during this period can prevent him from a physical and mental stunted growth.
5. 50% of deaths under the age of 5 years occurs due to malnutrition only which results up to a death toll of 3 million young lives per year.
6. Want hunger facts about India? Well, among 795 million hungry people of the earth, India is the home to the largest number of under-nutrition children.
We bargain with chai-wallas and sabzi-wallas but still pay thousands at shopping malls.
7. Anaemia is the condition from which half of the pregnant mothers suffer due to lack of iron but the unborn infant pays the toll due to the number of 110 children dying every year during childbirth.
8. Although women cross the line of more than 50% of world’s population, they suffer from the hunger most, including many pregnant mothers.
Now The Most Shocking One
9. We all just read these disturbing hunger facts about India but never ever do anything to resolve them.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Many international organisations like UNICEF, FAO and WHO are already trying hard to eradicate this problem of hunger but the power is in the unity itself, let us just join hands and try to reduce the number of these hunger facts about India.
Now You Can Get the Latest Buzz On Your Phone! Download the PagalParrot Mobile App For Android and IOS