While replying to Motion of thanks to President’s address in Lok Sabha, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday took a dig at Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and the Opposition on various topics like demonetisation, surgical strike.
PM Narendra Modi took a dig at Congress, Rahul Gandhi in Lok Sabha
Here are the top quotes from PM’s speech in Parliament:
1. “Various members of the House added vigour into the debate & shared insightful points. I thank the MPs for their participation.”
2. “How can someone see ‘SEVA’ or any positive virtue in the word SCAM. Sometimes, Mother Earth is also unhappy. There is something very special about Jan Shakti.”
3. “We remember how democracy was under threat from 1975 to 1977, when opposition leaders were jailed, newspaper freedom curtailed.”
4. “It is due to this ‘Jan Shakti’ that the person born to a poor family can become the Prime Minister of India.”
5. “There are many people like me, who could not die for the nation during the freedom struggle but we are living for India and serving India”.
6. “I was surprised that there were some who made cleanliness also a political issue. Why can’t we work together on ushering a Swachh Bharat.”
7. “In 2014 elections, one party was campaigning on whether they would give 9 or 12 cylinders. But after coming to power, we asked people whether they were willing to give up subsidy. So many people gave up subsidy.”
8. “When Rail budget was first presented, the transport sector was different. Now things are different and a more comprehensive look is needed.”
9. “Congress feels only one family got Independence for India. The root of the problem lies there. I had said it from the Red Fort. Every PM has contributed to the nation.”
10. “From Day 1, we have been clear- we are ready for a discussion on demonetisation but some were more keen on TV bytes and not debates.”