An Australian woman has claimed to have suffered severe burns after she accidentally fell asleep with her arm on her charging Apple iPhone 7.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Melanie Tan Pelaez posted a picture of her burned arm on her Facebook page and warned others to keep their phones well away from their beds.
“I recently purchased an Apple iPhone 7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone while it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath,” the post read.
“I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it’s really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else,” it said.
Ms Pelaez told an online news website that she had fallen asleep watching movies on her phone, and when she first woke up she was not sure what had caused the injury.
“The hospital did a number of tests and told me the mark was a burn from a foreign object and told me to check around my bed to see what could be the cause of the injury”, she said.
“We matched the markings on my arm to the phone and charger,” Ms Pelaez said.
Checkout the complete post :
Apple is working with Ms Tan Pelaez to investigate the matter. And we thought it was just samsung making all the news.