India world’s second largest mobile market at present, is also the 5th largest producer of e-waste, which discards roughly 18.5 lakh tones of electronic waste every year, according to studies.
Matter of concern
1. The rising levels of e-waste generations in India has become a major matter of concern.
2. There are about 100 crore mobile phone circulations out of which nearly, 25 % end up in e-waste annually.
3. India subscribes for 1.03 billion subscribers as the second largest mobile market.
4. Discarding 18.5 lakh metric tones of waste each year.
5. With telecom equipment alone accounting for 12 per cent of the e-waste.
Therefore sooner or later if nothing is done seriously about these mobiles, it will leads a disaster which the human race is not able to see right know but soon it will.