Controversial Islamic Speaker Zakir Naik, has slapped a Rs 500-crore defamation case against Times Now editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami for running a “hate campaign” and “media trial” against him. In the notice, issued by Naik’s lawyer Mubin Solkar, the preacher has also levelled a few other charges against the channel including “creating enmity and hatred between religious communities” and hurting the “religious sentiments” of Naik and the Muslim community through Goswami’s statements on the channel.
“Moreover, you have also hurt the religious sentiments of the Muslim community which reveres (Naik) and holds him in high esteem,” the notice goes on to say.
Here is a Copy of the Notice Issued by Naik:
Naik’s notice mentions quotes, several statements made by Goswami. Some of them are:
- “He is not a scholar, No, No, Noâ€¦he is not a scholar, no, no one second, he is not a scholar, he is not a scholar. He is Mr. Money bags. He makes lots of money. He makes some lot of money spreading hate.”
- “… He is not a scholar, he is a supporter of Osama bin Laden, he used the medium of television to build the case for Osama bin Laden.”
- “… Zakir Naik is so dangerous, he is so dangerous because he uses the television media.”
- “… He is using the garb of Quran to defend violence, the ISIS has carried out the attack in Dhaka and this man is defending Osama bin Laden and building a case for them.”
- “… He is an agent of terror.”